The Movie, The Music is a feature where we compile the best tracks from recent movies, trailers, and TV for your aural enjoyment. It’s not just about what you see; it’s about what you hear.
In this edition of The Movie, The Music, things get pretty ambient as we take cuts from Dan Romer’s extraordinary score for Beasts of No Nation; there’s even time to focus on great work within poor films like Pan, and revisit the beauty of Song of the Sea as it’s released on DVD and blu-ray.
- ‘Snow’ by Frida Sundemo – Kill Your Friends
- ‘Do You Feel It?’ by Chaos Chaos – Rick and Morty (Season 2, Episode 3)
- ‘Lessons’ by SOHN – Steve Jobs trailer
- ‘Better Look Me in the Eyes’ by Dan Romer – Beasts of No Nation
- ‘The Derry Tune’ by Kila – Song of the Sea
- ‘The Judgement of Man’ by Clint Mansell – Crimson Peak trailer (originally used in Noah)
- ‘Edith’s Theme by Fernando Velázquez – Crimson Peak
- ‘Murmurs of Love and Death’ by John Powell – Pan
- ‘Song of the Sea’ by Lisa Hannigan – Song of the Sea
- ‘Gymnopédie No.1’ by Erik Satie – Mississippi Grind
- ‘Back to the Ocean’ by Dan Romer – Beasts of No Nation
- ‘Karma Police’ by Radiohead – Kill Your Friends