The Movie, The Music is a feature where we compile the best tracks from recent movies, trailers, and TV for your aural enjoyment. It’s not just about what you see; it’s about what you hear.
In this edition of The Movie, The Music, we take a dive into the heart of Star Wars, revisit modern classic motifs like Cloud Atlas, and take the best cuts from the most sublime scores of the year with Carol and Steve Jobs.
- ‘The Atlas March’ by Tom Twyker (A Monster Calls trailer, originally featured in Cloud Atlas)
- ‘Arrow’ by The Irrepressibles (Grazing the Sky trailer)
- ‘Decadence’ by White Night Ghosts (Tangerine)
- ‘À l’affût’ by Hit+Run (Les Combattants)
- ‘The Skylab Plan’ by Daniel Pemberton (Steve Jobs)
- ‘Sharks Don’t Sleep’ by Dean Valentine (Captain America: Civil War trailer)
- ‘Star Wars main theme’ by John Williams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
- ‘Crossing’ by Carter Burwell (Carol)
- ‘Downtown’ by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (Dirty Grandpa trailer)
- ‘Rainbow Road’ by Marshall Chapman (Mississippi Grind)
- ‘Revenge’ by Daniel Pemberton (Steve Jobs)