The Movie, The Music is a new feature where we compile the best tracks from recent movies, trailers, and TV for your aural enjoyment. It’s not just about what you see; it’s about what you hear.
In this edition of The Movie, The Music we go full-on classical and also a little bit chic with cuts from True Detective‘s second season and indie hits like The Overnight. There’s also an abundance of electronica to be found (M83), unashamed pop belters (Walk The Moon), and even a healthy helping of jazz (Nina Simone, D.German).
- ‘By The Kiss’ by M83 – Beasts of No Nation trailer
- ‘Relax’ by Starchild & The New Romantic – Dear White People
- ‘Chardonnay Eyes (A Vinter’s Song)’ by Cyril Beaumont – The Overnight
- ‘No Other Way’ by Ray LaMontagne – Magic Mike XXL
- ‘Snitch’ by Antonio Pinto – Amy (originally featured in Snitch)
- ‘Mad World – Piano version’ by Marius Furche – Sense8 | Season 1, Episode 9
- ‘Harmonielehre, Part II: The Anfortas Wound’ by John Adams – True Detective | Season 2, Episode 6
- ‘Genesis’ by Laurent Petitgand – The Salt of the Earth
- ‘Look On Down From The Bridge’ by Mazzy Star – Rick and Morty | Season 1, Episode 6
- ‘The Drum’ by D. German – Dear White People
- ‘Different Colours’ by Walk The Moon – Paper Towns trailer
- ‘For The Damaged Coda’ by Blonde Redhead – Rick and Morty | Season 1, Episode 10
- ‘I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free’ (Live at Paris 1968) by Nina Simone – What Happened, Miss Simone?
- ‘Sueño Latino (Derrick May’s Illusion First Mix)’ by Sueño Latino – Eden
Have ideas for more music we could cover, or films to look out for with killer soundtracks? Let us know in the comments section below.