The Movie, The Music is a new feature where we compile the best tracks from recent movies, trailers, and TV for your aural enjoyment. It’s not just about what you see; it’s about what you hear.
In this edition of The Movie, The Music, there’s a little bit of everything. With movies ranging from arthouse Bard (Macbeth) to YA adaptations (The Scorch Trials and Paper Towns), the last couple of months have proven difficult to whittle down to a digestible tracklist. Nonetheless, we did so anyway. Enjoy.
- ‘Mistress America’ by Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips – Mistress America
- ‘Can’t Bring Me Down’ by Awreeoh – Dope
- ‘Cole’s Memories’ by Pyramid – We Are Your Friends
- ‘Swinging Party’ by Kindness – Paper Towns
- ‘A Matter of Trust’ by Billy Joel – Trainwreck
- ‘Home is Where the Hatred Is’ by Gil Scott-Heron – Dope
- ‘It’s My Turn Now’ by Awreeoh – Dope
- ‘Turn Hell Hound’ by Jed Kurzel – Macbeth
- ‘Always Returning (For All Mankind)’ by Brian Eno – Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
- ‘Motorcycle – As the Rush Comes (Chillout Mix)’ by Gabriel & Dresden – Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
- ‘The Big Ship’ by Brian Eno – Me and Earl and the Dying Girl