Star Wars producer Kathleen Kennedy has confirmed that the entire Force Awakens cast will return for Episode VIII.
Kennedy, who is the new Lucasfilm President, told BANG Showbiz at the European premiere that the next instalment starts shooting in January and the acclaimed cast of young and old stars will be back.
“There will be a handful of new cast members in ‘Episode VIII’ but also all the cast members you see here tonight will be in it as well. We’re excited to get back together. We start shooting ‘Episode VIII’ in January, we’ve been prepping the movie for the last year and (writer-and-director) Rian Johnson has been doing an amazing job.” she said.
Kennedy was joined at the London premiere by all the cast including Boyega, Ridley, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. The film hits US screens on Friday.